Featured Useless Knowledge

Canned Oxygen Canned Oxygen Could be the Next Bottle Water

Canned Oxygen Could be the Next Bottled Water

Posted by Davbmn on 04/17/06 at 06:34 AM

Canned OxygenThe emergence of another possible billion dollar business, based on bottling and selling a natural commodity.

Bottled water became one of the most profitable drink products in the United States, selling for a dollar or more per bottle. All of this, despite being available in nature and only costing pennies from your tap. Many will argue that the water from your tap is just as “pure” as most bottled water as well.

Bottled water has become a $9 billion dollar industry in the US alone; a country which has plentiful sources of potable water. With all of this money being thrown around, businesses are now looking for other free commodities that can be slickly packaged and sold for a profit.

Ever since you were born, you’ve been breathing oxygen for free, Right?  Well the masters of mundane marketing agree that it is time for you to adjust your thinking.  Yes, you can breathe air for free; but how lame is that? Naturally occuring oxygen is just so 10,000 years ago. It’s time for you to begin breathing more pure, more refreshing oxygen.

It All Begins with Oxygen Bars

Oxygen BarThe idea for selling a more pure oxygen to consumers who wish to revive their spirits isn’t exactly a new one. Several years ago, trendy nightclubs began offering “oxygen bars” which allowed patrons access to fresh oxygen via a breathing tube. Customers pay for a five minute session or so, in which they are able to relax and breathe the clean air. Many feel that it lifts their spirits and helps them to relax, allowing them to better enjoy their nightclub experience. The whole “oxygen bar” scene has expanded into a trendy, social experience. Nightclubs featuring oxygen bars are considered to be the cream of the crop and are the destinations of the more stylish, sophisticated crowd.

Distributors have seen this fad unfold and are now ready to cash in on bringing this delightfully melancholy experience to us all. Their goal is to bring the power of canned oxygen to local grocery stores and convenience marts everywhere. For a few bucks, you can carry around your own personal cache of clean air. You may be wondering, Why would I pay money for a small can of oxygen?

Here Comes the Science

Research has been conducted “claiming” that pure oxygen has several endearing qualities, the most beneficial being its energy giving properties. It is believed that a brief blast of pure oxygen allows you flush some of the impurities from your body, clear your mind, and eliminate some of that sluggish feeling that many of us have. Manufacturers are betting that a sluggish feeling public will line up for such a product.  They believe that the possibilities are endless and that an entire range of demographics will use the product. Young people at an all-night rave will go for it (mostly for fad reasons) to give their alcohol a little push and the hope that the refreshing characteristics will help them avoid a severe hangover.  Athletes can us it to overcome fatigue during a work-out or sporting activity.  People with jobs that require acute focus on a task may try to give their brains that little shot of O2 to help them concentrate.  Students taking their ACTs or SATs may do the same.  For that matter, people may begin to believe that it could cure them of whatever it is that ails them.

Some doctors call it a sham. Pure oxygen, they say, does nothing to cleanse your body. And it can be harmful - particularly for people with severe lung diseases like emphysema. people with severe lung disease often lose the ability to respond to the carbon dioxide “signal.” Their bodies only tell them to breathe when they need oxygen. Give them pure oxygen and their bodies think they don’t need to breathe. So they don’t. Their cells fill up with toxic carbon dioxide, which can lead to death. Even if you don’t have a severe lung problem, breathing pure for an extended period of time can be dangerous. After 24 hours, it can cause fluid to build up in your lungs, leading to lung collapse. Astronauts are able to overcome this due to the extremely low pressure of space, as well as a delicate balance of air mixes and breathing systems to cycle their intake of oxygen as well as other gases. Scientists do point out, though, that a typical dose - say, 20 minutes at the bar or a blast from a portable can - probably won’t cause any harm.

Now Available in all Sorts of Fruity Flavors

Canned OxygenAs far as the “new” canned oxygen product goes, it’s not just plain ol’ pure oxygen. You don’t think that marketers would attempt to sell oxygen in a can without spicing it up and making it a bit more “extreme”. Why breathe flavorless, odorless oxygen; when you can breathe “Mountain Breeze”, or “Mint Escape”.  Canned oxygen manufacturers are creating all sorts of flavors and essences to add to their oxygen products including lemon flavor, Eucalyptus, cherry, mint, and a host of others.  If you thought bottled water is big, wait until this product hits full stride.  If you said to yourself back in the eighties, “who would pay for water in a plastic bottle”, you might not want to miss out twice. The market has proven that ideas such as this, built on a foundation of being pure, fresh, and clean; can be destined to succeed.

Don’t underestimate the “wisdom” of American consumers with a disposable income, manufacturers sure haven’t. This product is coming to the U.S. and dozens of distibutors have already signed up to begin carrying it.  If you are a businessmen or distributor, you may just want to get involved in the next craze to sweep the nation. If you are a consumer that has been looking high and low for that perfect pick-me-up, your ship may have just come in. Canned oxygen is already starting to appear on store shelves, and it won’t be long before you can find it in your neck of the woods.

SpaceballsWe managed to get a hold of a bottle of canned oxygen from one of the newer distributors who have entered the market. The final verdict: It was pretty refreshing to suck the flavored air (ours was “Tropical Breeze") out of a plastic mouthpiece, but I don’t believe I would drop my hard earned dollars on the priviledge daily. But maybe I’m just too foolish to appreciate the awesome power that comes from breathing canned oxygen, who knows.

In fact, they even featured a special “Perri-Air” brand of canned air in the movie “Spaceballs”, so obviously this product really does have some merit.

Here are a few images we took of the product:

Big Ox O2 Big Ox O2
Big Ox O2
-Here is a link to a St. Louis Distibutor with placement list.
- Visit the Product page of the UK company that sells the “OGO” canned oxygen product.
- Visit the U.S. seller of the Big Ox canned oxygen products with detailed product information.

Update:

ABC News has now begun airing a video webcast story about the “Canned Oxygen” products that are beginning to crop up.

Discuss this Story

Display Name:

Submit the word you see below:

Previous Comments

1. This is how water got turned into a multi billion dollar industry, off of the lazy and ignorant.  If the demand isn’t there, they create it.  So they contaminate the water to force people to drink “healthy” water.  They contaminate the air to force people to use there income to buy yet another expense, oxygen.  Looking through the eyes of “the man” it’s genius.  Let’s look at what we pay for that we shouldn’t: food, water, shelter, etc.  Every last one of them should not be but because of our own ignorance it thrives.  Blame yourselves because the ones who say it’s stupid will be the same ones who buy it based off of social exceptance while the ones open their minds can foresee it and prevent it within their own personal space.  The matrix is real we are just too stupid to realize it

Posted by G4UONLY69  on  07/28/09  at  12:40 AM
  2. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Living in Canada, we pay more for bottled water than we do gasoline. Manufacturing bottled water is envrionmentally damaging, using 7 times the amount of water than 1 bottle can hold. Manufacturing it consumes oil and resources and delivering it emits greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Bottling air will waste resources and manufacturing it will just create more pollution. We should be so lucky to live in a Country where we have clean air and water, and smog is not a challenge-yet, unless we buy into stupid gimmicks such as paying for air and water! Give your head a shake if you think bottling air is a solution to air pollution. It will only create more in the end as does bottled water.

Posted by elesh  on  04/10/09  at  09:19 AM
  3. EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY BY THE GOVERNMENT.

Posted by Hahaha peets  on  04/10/09  at  04:48 AM
  4. Are they going to make pay to breathe now. I mean come on just get outside people. this is a complete ripoff.

Posted by boodle999  on  04/03/09  at  08:14 PM
  5. the most stupidthing ever,…

Posted by waterman  on  03/31/09  at  07:42 AM
  6. i will like to continue to breath 4 free…

Posted by SHACAMI WATSON  on  03/24/09  at  08:28 AM
  7. It sounds moronic like it could be marketed to people who are either too dumb to realize we are breathing O2 (though far from pure O2) or to people who have too much money to care what they spend it on.

Would I try it, yea I would try it. I can’t fairly knock it until I have. It’s like anything in life… form an opinion sure but you cannot back that opinion until you know.

I say try it but I think it will be a waste of money.

And yes, O2 is VERY flammable and explosive (hence the O2 tanks in hospitals)

Posted by Angylle  on  03/07/09  at  12:16 PM
  8. ok wierdest thing ever but i think it will i=work

Posted by sosh808  on  02/24/09  at  09:44 PM
  9. i dont know if this stuff really will do anything i sat in a hospital and sucked on oxygen for about 30 minutes and all it did was give me a headache. i did get a little kick the first time i inhaled but then it wore off. i would not buy it

Posted by rsnitchy  on  02/19/09  at  11:05 PM
  10. Mabye they should put these in gas masks!
    good Idea, right?

Posted by Me  on  02/10/09  at  08:24 PM
  11. +klllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Posted by ;'lmnhugbyggv  on  01/21/09  at  01:25 PM
  12. Oxygen helps get rid of headaches...I would buy it!

Posted by ebaylady  on  01/19/09  at  12:37 PM
  13. It sounds stupid.

Posted by Bob  on  01/09/09  at  09:49 AM
  14. yo plant a tree or something that creates fresh air
    what is with the senseless hatred?

respect all

Posted by seek the formless  on  01/07/09  at  03:33 PM
  15. After the bottled water fad took off among metropolitan trendies with more money than brains I said there would soon be a bottled oxygen one too. I even thought of trying to sell it myself but I guess I wasn’t ruthless, or stupid, enough. I guess the absurdity of bottle water will now just be old-fashioned slop for the squares, only we are too clever to buy the garbage.

Posted by Leslie Walters  on  12/18/08  at  08:21 AM
  16. <a href=http://www.allsneaker.com>Jordan Shoes</a>
    <a href=http://www.allsneaker.com>Adidas Shoes</a>
    <a href=http://www.jssw.net/web_e>probeware</a>
    <a href=http://www.daisyeyewear.co.uk>glasses</a>
    <a href=http://www.viagers-lapous.com>viager</a>

Posted by Jordan Shoes  on  12/03/08  at  11:36 PM
  17. dude...this is the most retarded thing in the WORLD! if you want flavored oxygen...buy a scented candle...probably lasts longer than the can...and everyone can enjoy the scent. yoga can relax ya and get you into shape...double points. whoever thought of this WAS HIGH!!!!

Posted by too_cool_for_youz_all  on  11/23/08  at  09:31 PM
  18. I’m a pilot and am thinking of buying this as an actually useful item.
    I could take 5 hits off the can when 5 minutes from landing to make my brain start working again, and thus make a good landing, etc.

Us pilots who fly normal General Aviation planes fly at from 5,000 to 10,000 feet for one to four hours.  Flying at night also increases the problem.

I’ve also had “Altitude Sickness” when I went elk hunting at 12,000 feet.  Left 400 feet in the morning and was in the cabin that evening.  Headache, flu like feeling, then projectile vomit!!!

Lack of oxygen makes you feel kind of drunk.  Not a good thing while landing an airplane.

So, I do agree with all about this stupid fad.  But, no one has addressed it’s usefulness for an actual practical application.

Posted by Matt_Bowers  on  11/23/08  at  07:14 PM
  19. i think this might become a good idea. and spots teams may buy them because it is easier to lug around than a big oxygen tank
    you never know....

Posted by matches  on  11/23/08  at  03:33 PM
  20. YOU ARE ALL LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by retardedlove1234  on  11/14/08  at  02:23 AM
  21. What’s the harm in carrying clean air in the middle of a smog infested city everyday I suppose. I personally buy bottled water not for it’s purity, but because it just tastes better than what comes out of my faucet......and if any of the UFO’S (Unidentified Floating Objects) are a danger to me, I know who’s liable by the name on the label......and really....what’s so bad about that???

Posted by asienna  on  02/07/08  at  05:30 PM
  22. this is such a ridiculous idea! I would like to continue breathing for free.  :]

Posted by amaZing  on  01/29/08  at  03:35 PM
  23. People would not need to buy oxygen if they would take the time to do Yoga excerises or simply do 10 minutes of breathing exercise which not only help your lungs and all the organs of your body but burn calories as well.  I think it is sad that people try take God given things and make money on them and cause the American people to go into further debt.

Posted by Terre Novell  on  01/24/08  at  01:10 PM
  24. I tried this Big Ox stuff. Tropical Breeze flavor. I felt nothing. The reason I found this site is because I was looking online to try to digure out if Big Ox is lying when they say that it is 93% pure oxygen, or if it’s actually just plain old 21% oxygen air in a flavored can.

Posted by Dumb Ox  on  02/13/07  at  01:49 PM
  25. You do realise that this is heading towards a Government being able to tax the one thing they haven’t managed to get hold of yet: the air you breathe?

Posted by Peets  on  02/07/07  at  08:01 AM
  26. I think this stuff sounds pretty cool actually. If you don’t your a fag cause your gonna end up trying it and you’re gonna love it believe it or not. I mean, I won’t cause it gets you high or anything, cause it relieves stress and it sounds refreshing. I can also see how it can be helpful in a bad smoking habit; If you don’t smoke, you get a headache. The oxygen relieves headaches.....and it relieves stress which is a main ingredient in quitting smoking. My only concern is how long the oxygen lasts. Trust me....your gonna love it!

Posted by Amelia Earhart  on  01/27/07  at  08:47 PM
  27. Dude, i totally tried it.
    uhhmmm these people are so right on
    watch out when you light up while you’re “snorting” this shiz.

its pretty much the ####

and if they ever DID sell “fart in a can” i would SO totally buy some of THAT.

rock on brah.

p.s. the cherry one is delicious.
    especially with the combination of a cigarette.

mm mm good.

Posted by HighOnLife  on  01/18/07  at  06:56 PM
  28. u know, i cant believe people anymore.
    think you are going to ruin the only thing tht keeps me going ie oxygen....i suffer from clusterheadaches and with out the oxygen i wouldve killed myself eh and you wnt to know about the high. F#@$% you. before oxygen treatment i couldnt even get pain pills because of all the f#$@%&ng;pain pill adictsout there. go ahead use the oxygen to get hi ruin this for me too.%$^&&*&%##@$&**ass*&^$les

Posted by allen  on  11/20/06  at  05:31 PM
  29. Actually, it is against FDA policy to import and sell canned oxygen for recreational use.  Oxygen is considered a prescription drug by the FDA.  Oxygen bars are governed by local law becuase they do not sell containers of oxygen, only administer oxygen.

Posted by jlbkmb  on  11/17/06  at  10:38 AM
  30. It is very nice to breath O2 SPECIALLY with lime ,its really refreshing.
    Is it possible to set for system w’re I know when to actually use & its #### air all arround actually at quite sometimes &the;content of O2 is not very much to breath all day.
    Pl. Find a easy way out to either increase the quantity in volume of air in portabale /to stylish cans with some kind of indicators like LED sigNAL or so -I come to know the best time to use and not just for fun.
    David.

Posted by David Gordon  on  09/17/06  at  11:51 AM
  31. Hello < i was intrigued about this but actually there is evidence that bodybuilding with oxygen supplementation aids protein synthesis. But also in a separate studt peppermint scent on olfactories were able to boost workout when feeling a gym lull. So maybe there is something in buying the canister of original peppermint.....

Posted by Dr.Patrick Tierney  on  09/14/06  at  09:36 AM
  32. For those of you so interested in purchasing this Big Ox, I have recently seen it in a St Louis On the Run/ Mobil store, right next to all those ginko-balboa pills. They’ll prolly start regulating how much people can get of this or make it a age-restricted product like alcohol. I’m not gonna knock the effects after reading everyones thoughts, but to me, it seems like theres some potential for abuse from everyone who sees it as a way to get high. I might be one who uses it once in awhile, but theres just way too much risk with it being unregulated. Especially with no warning label saying like dont use more than x amount of times, or you might stop breathing and your lungs will collapse…

Posted by MaeSade  on  07/25/06  at  11:14 AM
  33. Does anyone know where I can buy this water? In a store or online?

thanks

Posted by Matthias  on  07/20/06  at  06:01 PM
  34. I see a trend (no pun intended) on this blog.
    Several people have tried the canned oxygen and each one has reported a noticeable positive effect.  Several people have knocked the product but none of those people have tried it.....HMMM

Posted by Chris  on  07/20/06  at  03:20 PM
  35. ;-) Truth is you can get all the pure bottle oxygen no matter if you have a prescription or not.  I did a little research and asked around.  Appearently, it is actually much more important for weld grade oxygen to be pure that even medical grade do to the threat of explosion in shops.  Now I realize that Oxygen itself does not explode, however if the right impurities are in the bottle that, I imagine could be a real problem.

Anyway, if you wish to have pure bottled O2 then go to your nearest bottled gas distributer and lease a full tank for about 50 bucks.  With a regulator and inline humidifier that bottle will provide you with days of continuous oxygen flow.

Balloons work nicely to %-P

Posted by Johnny  on  07/16/06  at  11:46 AM
  36. Sales of canned oxygen to create fresh market for Seven-Eleven Japan
    Sunday, May 14, 2006

Posted by Sta-dine  on  07/11/06  at  05:14 PM
  37. i wud rather watch my feet burn before ik wud buy something that is free literally everywhere else!!!

Posted by daniel  on  07/04/06  at  04:25 AM
  38. what on earth? pure oxygen is HIGHLY explosive. i don’t know many mountains that let off an explosive aroma. it is stupid!

Posted by aldo  on  07/04/06  at  04:22 AM
  39. i agree with number 67.
    its totally true
    any1 hu wud buy this rubbish wud b off their head
    and if its flavoured then its not PURE is it u fools

wot a con!!!

Posted by daniel  on  07/04/06  at  04:17 AM
  40. If anyone in America is willing to spend money on this incredibly stupid scheme then my faith in the Anerican people is dearly misplaced.

Posted by Anon  on  07/04/06  at  04:14 AM
  41. what a whole load of absolute rubbish

Posted by daniel  on  07/04/06  at  04:11 AM
  42. I am here to say hello and you have a great site!  nokia6630

Posted by tom  on  07/02/06  at  06:07 AM
  43. Impressive Blog. I’m running next week in San Diego and I have heard of this product, after reading about it I have to try it. I hope they ARE in San Diego.

Posted by JC  on  05/30/06  at  08:03 AM
  44. I was administered pure oxygen in an ambulance once after being exposed to chlorine fumes. It made me feel much better and much calmer. I slept better that night when I got home. A little bit goes a long way.

Posted by cyn  on  05/15/06  at  12:42 PM
  45. Hello

Were I can buy this kind of oxygen to swim-in ,hey its already refreshing .

Kindly open some more outlets to buy it ,the postage is more than the cost of the product.

David.

Posted by David Gordon  on  05/15/06  at  12:14 PM
  46. I’ll try anything once..

Posted by The Cleaner  on  05/14/06  at  08:40 PM
  47. Great website! Bookmarked! I am impressed at your work!

Posted by cirkyl  on  05/14/06  at  10:18 AM
  48. why don’t we just stop ruining our environnment.

henry ford build a HEMP car.
    made out of hemp and driving with CLEAN hemp fuel.
    that was 50 years ago.

then hemp or marijuana is made illegal, by the oil & paper companies who bought the goverment.

and today our childern are suffering from the pollution.
    by the way our paper, the industry needs, could also be made out of hemp, but we rather cut down our last rainforests…

yes after that we really need this damn oxygen in cans

Posted by uncle  on  05/13/06  at  11:31 AM
  49. I don’t have anythign to say either

Posted by Me  on  05/11/06  at  09:16 AM
  50. I tried this can of Oxygen before and after my race in Reno and it worked like the guys said it would. I recovered immediately after my run. Two thumbs up!! I hope they are in San Diego on the 6th!!!

Posted by Smack Me  on  05/10/06  at  09:39 AM
  51. I just don’t have anything to say right now.

Posted by snymrik  on  05/06/06  at  02:11 PM
  52. For anyone who has traveled from sea level to 9,500 feet on vacation in Colorado can already see a need for oxygen in a can. When we were in Breckenridge last summer, I had to take my daughter to the clinic where they put her on oxygen for half an hour. She was fine the rest of the trip, but it cost me $150. because a doctor was involved.

Posted by Paul Swank  on  05/05/06  at  02:58 PM
  53. Canned Oxygen has been around for years, ask any HVAC guy or plumber.

Posted by David  on  05/04/06  at  10:50 AM
  54. well if you put an air sampling pack on your back and did a tox analysis, people would be amazed at all the neurotoxic pesticides etc that they inhale instead of oxygen on a daily basis.  I have an O2 tank portable and a 5 hour tank in home and it takes the edge off CHEMWORLD very nicely especially after colliding with a person drowned in synthetic/carcinogenic Calvin Klein One!

I also get an O2 tank when I fly......instead of surrendering to cabin air quality and pesticided cabins...... similar items are found in Ca. since 1990 for cylcists.....I just use a filtered mask (respro etc.) to keep the physical load down.....

Posted by D  on  05/03/06  at  08:59 AM
  55. actually, the oxygen itself is not flammable, but it fuels the fire around the material used to burn.  There are three items required for a fire: Heat, Oxygen, and Fuel.  Heat+Oxygen=/=Fire

Posted by Dan  on  04/28/06  at  05:29 PM
  56. <snip>Isnít pure oxygen flammable and explosive?
    According to the material safety data sheet for oxygen it is an oxidizer, non-flammable, and can accelerate combustion<snip>

Oxygen an oxidizer?  that cracks me up! :)

Posted by jj  on  04/27/06  at  09:09 AM
  57. Isn’t pure oxygen flammable and explosive?
    <font color="blue" size="2">According to the material safety data sheet for oxygen it is an oxidizer, non-flammable, and can accelerate combustion</font>

Posted by M  on  04/25/06  at  11:33 AM
  58. Oxygen toxicity can only occur if you are exposed to pure oxygen for several hours at a time or at 100 feet under water, even then it would take about 150 cans of this product one after another! Our bodies are made to run off of 30% oxygen and the earths atmosphere is an average of 22%, more in some areas, less in others such as heavilily industrialized areas, large cities (pollution), high altitudes, etc.. so it certainly makes sense to treat your body to something it’s being deprived of. Most headaches are caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, by hydrating the red blood cell with oxygen it gives the brain the deficient level of oxygen to relieve the headache. For tention headaches seek a masseuse. I know of other Doctors treating patients for cluster headaches and Migraines with oxygen sessions.

Posted by Dr. Miller  on  04/24/06  at  06:08 PM
  59. I have ordered Big Ox over the internet, mainly because I drive close to 500 miles per day and near the end of the day, I’m driving home near the 10 o’clock hour, I tend to get a little drowsy. My normal ritual is to stop and get a cup of coffee or an energy drink. But, when you get home you’re still wired for hours and with no real sleep in site. Knowing Oxygen is the fuel your body needs most, I thought I would try it. I took 8 breaths of the product and completed the last 2 hours of my trip wide awake and guess what; I was able to sleep when I wanted with no tossing and turning. Also Gives you a few more runs on the slopes, when you think you can’t go anymore! And great for headaches too! Obviously nothing bad to say!

Posted by Johnny  on  04/24/06  at  11:27 AM
  60. I enjoy the comments of people who have never tried the product, they seem to know it all. Unlike water this gives you an immediate result. We use it when we are skiing and it helps with any altitude sickness.They didn’t just open the can and catch some air. Like anything don’t knock till you try it… See you on the slopes..

Posted by Lighthouse  on  04/24/06  at  06:26 AM
  61. what about scuba diving ever think back to that
    it is also canned oxygen

Posted by alon  on  04/22/06  at  01:39 PM
  62. I have bad lungs. Ome of the effects of CO2 nuild up from too much oxygen is halucinations believe me I’ve been there. I’ve also had a lung collapse from too much oxygen. I spent two months ina comma from that.I can hardly wait for the law suits this product will produce unless of course they put disclaimers on the can like “Too much oxygen can be harmful to your health.” Oh, the oxygen that caused my lung to collapse was adminstered in a hospital.

Posted by Dr. John  on  04/22/06  at  06:27 AM
  63. Oh man, this is the beginning of the end.  Of course, maybe fart in bottle will become the trend when people get tired of the fresh stuff.....who knows....giving us all the potential to be disgustingly wealthy.

Posted by Blitz  on  04/21/06  at  11:48 PM
  64. Yeah, I just watched that. Pretty funny. Im sure that ABC did the story because they saw it linked on a ton of sites. Pretty hot topic right now. ABC should have added some video footage from Spaceballs though, that would have really gave it some ooomph!

Posted by foolish mortals  on  04/21/06  at  11:23 PM
  65. You guys must be onto something abcnews.com has something on the webcast about canned oxygen. Are you psychic..?

Posted by Tivo  on  04/21/06  at  05:44 PM
  66. Yes, thats sound realistic. Lets make our own..Carry around a little fan a 9 volt and water?? My wizard give us all a break. I think your secret is safe. I tried that Big Ox stuff in Vegas I could tell it did something, sure kept me up to gamble all night, among ‘other things’ -21-

Posted by Blackjack  on  04/21/06  at  02:33 PM
  67. Ok like...here’s how it is. Oxygen does give you a little bit of a kick, but not terribly much. Ain’t that big a deal. Besides, with a 9volt battery and a cup of water, you can make your own! (And some hydrogen too!) Purty simple actually, just hook up two wires and drop them on opposite sides of a cup of water, and voila, instant oxygen production. This is called electrolysis, and it’s how nuclear submarines make air.

So about the scuba divers...what causes them to hallucinate and what-not is something called Nitrogen Narcosis. Has nothing to do with oxygen. Nitrox divers (Nitrox is a custom mix of pure oxygen + nitrogen) can encounter something just as dangerous...Oxygen TOXICITY. That’s right, good old oxygen will turn on you when you least expect it, and most need it...(100 feet underwater!).

And really, would you actually get your air from a bottle? Hook up that battery to your bottled water, and rig up a little fan, problem solved!

TOo bad if the oxygen makers get upset because I gave the secret away…

Posted by Yeeeehaw  on  04/21/06  at  01:44 PM
  68. Water is different than air. I buy water if I am going to the park or the beach or anywhere that I may not have access to something to drink. We need to drink something whether it be water or some other beverage every day.

Canned air is a novelty, nobody needs it to get through the day as they do water or any other beverage. Water took off because people were tired of the choices available to them. Canned air is just dumb. You are expected to take hits off this think like a junkie?  but hey I’ve been wrong before.

Posted by evilqueen  on  04/21/06  at  01:01 PM
  69. Yup…

This reminds me of the comments and debates people had in the mid/late 80’s when the idea of bottling water starting coming out.

Most of them can be summed up with:

“How stupid do you have to be to PAY for water”

It’ll be funny to see you nay-sayers at your local convenience store in a few years buying oxygen in bulk.

Posted by yup  on  04/21/06  at  10:59 AM
  70. Hey I tried this stuff from a convention in St.Louis and was skeptic..Was I wrong! It actually works, I can’t explain it. It doesn’t seem that oxygen in a can would be much better than what we breathe, but I could breathe unbelievable in my race and my recovery time was much quicker. I’ll try it again..I will have it for my next race.. if i can find it..Amy

Posted by Runner-STL  on  04/21/06  at  07:52 AM
  71. Pure oxygen isn’t going to get you high.  Really.  You can’t smoke and use pure oxygen because your cigarette will burst into flame and your face’ll probably catch fire.  Nitrogen narcosis only occurs at pressures many times greater than atmospheric pressure at sea-level, so nitrogen in a bottle would do jack.  Pure O2 probably does increase cognitive function, which is good, ‘cause anyone dumb enough to buy canned oxygen could use some help in that department.

Posted by Allon  on  04/21/06  at  04:01 AM
  72. can i carry cocain in this recipient before i use the oxygen? i think if i can recycle the recipient i will buy this a lot UHAUAHUAHUAH

its a joke…

now all of us will have to pay to breath,good…

Posted by great!  on  04/20/06  at  10:33 PM
  73. 18 puffs for 9 dollars a can , how to make money with air , it works , jes ask any ashteasiatic
    but then again ,
    I fart in your face for a buck ,
    that works to.

Posted by Tollfreedom  on  04/20/06  at  02:49 PM
  74. Great for triathletes? This Saturday our school’s triathletes are competing at an altitude near 1 mile. We live and train close to sealevel. I’m thinking one or two cans of this on the bike phase could do wonders for our team.

Posted by Carol Chesney  on  04/20/06  at  01:21 PM
  75. While preparing for my Master Diver certification, I got O2 Certified (i.e. certified to administer oxygen) and I can tell you that getting a few drags from an O2 mask can do wonders for your sense of well being if you have had a long, stressful day.  (I’ve been trying to figure out how I could get a prescription for a bottle of O2 every since ;-)

However, that said, I would guess that these are either _extremely_ small quantities of O2 or simply NOT “pure O2” . . . in either case, it is probably far more expensive that finding a way to get a prescription for O2 . . . although, it is also probably far safer for the average consumer.

Posted by Ralph Wilson  on  04/20/06  at  12:28 PM
  76. Aside from the obvious (and necessary) Spaceballs references, people seem to be overlooking a critical difference between this and bottled water.

PEOPLE GET THIRSTY!

Has anyone ever really said, “Gee, I’m parched. I sure could use a can of oxygen.” Those people who are truly “thirsty” for oxygen are hooked up to oxygen tanks in nursing homes, hospitals and football sidelines.

Posted by the logic  on  04/20/06  at  10:54 AM
  77. It might get half my friends off smoking...or it...f*** this s***...this is gonna fail...but i wanna try out that “oxygen stoning” crap tho...that could be some of the most fun legitimate crap (Besides video games) ever!

Posted by shalashaska  on  04/20/06  at  10:26 AM
  78. Maybe they should sell nitrogen in a bottle then.

Posted by Dagg  on  04/20/06  at  10:18 AM
  79. nitrogen narcosis. right on.

Posted by Snipe  on  04/20/06  at  10:04 AM
  80. <snip>oxygen can get you high, it causes allucinations when itís pure. there are cases of dead scuba divers because of that.. the oxygen kicks in and they start to dive deeper, chasing mermaids or things like that..<snip>

This is a condition called “nitrogen narcosis” and has nothing to do with divers breathing pure oxygen.  Try a little research before you decide to enlighten the rest of us!

Posted by Jermaine  on  04/20/06  at  08:55 AM
  81. I got interested in this product when I watched it save a life in the mountains.  It is used to counteract altitude sickness and absolutely nothing else can do that when getting to a lower altitude is not immediately possible. Since then, I’ve discovered that it completely relieves many headaches without putting any chemical in the body.

Posted by Jim  on  04/20/06  at  08:51 AM
  82. like water in bottle....

Posted by Danilo  on  04/20/06  at  08:02 AM
  83. oxygen can get you high, it causes allucinations when it’s pure. there are cases of dead scuba divers because of that.. the oxygen kicks in and they start to dive deeper, chasing mermaids or things like that..
    but i think manufacturers know it already..

Posted by peach  on  04/19/06  at  10:23 PM
  84. Dude it works great when you swap your bong water for perrier and pump this #### through your bong. Totally… yuppie.

Posted by larry  on  04/19/06  at  09:26 PM
  85. I bet it’s not as good as “Free Air”.

Posted by Leroy_2000  on  04/18/06  at  06:19 PM
  86. WARNING: do not use to put out fires…

Posted by Kyle  on  04/18/06  at  03:39 PM
  87. I wonder if this would be a good study aide?

Posted by Lawrence  on  04/18/06  at  02:11 PM
  88. Anyone remember “Speed”, another heist movie… They robbed a bank and drove a car right into the water, makes you think…

Posted by Foo  on  04/18/06  at  12:33 PM
  89. Can’t wait for them to sell fart in can

Posted by Chris X  on  04/18/06  at  12:30 PM
  90. I’d imagine there is a possibility of getting hooked on the stuff to a degree, expecially if you live in a big city like LA.  Your lungs may start to enjoy fresh 02 and what have you.

Also, what about athletes? Can this help them in anyway?

Posted by McCorvic  on  04/18/06  at  12:14 PM
  91. Bottled water isn’t a massive market entirely because of water pollution, it’s because water has been repackaged in a convenient portable form.  Buying a case allows me to walk out of the house with a bottle without effort, if I don’t want pop I have another option at the corner store...this product cannot and should not be compared with water when trying to predict it’s success. A better comparison is something like Red Bull...especially the way it’s being marketed.

Now, if people can get oxygen stoned...we’ve got a successful product.

Posted by neil_pryde  on  04/18/06  at  11:13 AM
  92. Y’know, I’ve heard that love is like oxygen: you get too much, it makes you high; not enough, and you’re gonna die…

Posted by Rowley  on  04/18/06  at  08:57 AM
  93. Not hard to believe this could actually rise up as a successful market, especially since air pollution is as common as water pollution. A nice side effect of an industry creating a demand for compressed air would be that the overall price for compressed air would go down, which would benefit scuba divers and patients.

Posted by Jonathan Decker  on  04/18/06  at  08:39 AM
  94. Theres a bar in London called ‘The Oxygen Bar’ that sells similar products.

Its great!

Posted by web design london  on  04/18/06  at  05:15 AM
  95. Can I smoke while I use it?  ;-)

Posted by Christopher  on  04/18/06  at  04:22 AM
  96. This is just like SpaceBalls the leader of the spaceballs breathed air out of a soda can.

This just seems retarded though.

well thats my 2 cents.

Posted by Hendo420  on  04/18/06  at  04:18 AM
  97. I’ve had one of the yellow ‘OGO’ cans of oxygen and apart from the quite nice scent/flavour there’s nothing to report. Its a bit like getting a breath of fresh air after being inside all day...but then i had been inside all day when i had it. It would certainly take a LOT of those bottles to get high (if its even possible). You get about 5 shots out of one of those things. And it wont help you give up smoking :P

Posted by t  on  04/18/06  at  04:03 AM
  98. You have to be kidding.  Well I have a big silver bottle of the stuff, Diver Down.  Most Scub users know all about air in a bottle.

Posted by roomba  on  04/18/06  at  02:48 AM
  99. If it is pure o2, the easiest way to give up smoking is to light up whilst using a pure o2 cylinder ;)

Posted by Tim  on  04/18/06  at  02:18 AM
  100. If you want to give up smoking, read ‘Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Give Up Smoking’.

It really works!

Posted by giving up smoking  on  04/18/06  at  01:51 AM
  101. I’ll try it simply to see if it helps me kick my smoking habit. They don’t specifically mention this as a purpose, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Most of the addiction to cigarettes is simply the “ritual”, if I can replace my habit of inhaling hundreds of chemicals that cause cancer with a habit of inhaling.. flavored air, then it’s not a waste.

Posted by Tyler Morgan  on  04/18/06  at  01:32 AM
  102. I would like to see them outlaw oxygen when the local kids start to use it to get ‘high’

Posted by williamts99  on  04/18/06  at  01:28 AM
  103. Getting high with O2 now huh?

Posted by Athenian  on  04/18/06  at  12:03 AM
  104. Oh it sounds fruity alright…

Posted by Heywood  on  04/17/06  at  11:54 PM
  105. is this Oxygen or Air?  air is a mixture of oxygen and other stuff… i’m not a scientist niether do I care that much.  but PURE oxygen will give you a good buzz, it gets you high. and you CAN get too much, it takes a lot but it can happen.  So is this pure OXYGEN or just clean fruity AIR?

Posted by Gee-Wiz  on  04/17/06  at  11:32 PM
  106. the day I pay for hot air is the day I’ll fork over a dollar from my cold decrepid hands. On a lighter note, the potential for homemade explosives has just become better ;)

Posted by lollerskates  on  04/17/06  at  11:29 PM